BA in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management is to enable learners development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation.
It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills and to progress to further study or employment.
● To understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism
● Review and apply the principles of business management within the industry
● To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
● To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world
● Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
● Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
● Effectively use verbal and communication skills
● Work independently and as part of a team Manage one’s own personal development and growth
Job and career prospects
This program offers wide range of career paths. Here are just a few:
● Holiday representative
● Hotel manager
● Tour manager
● Tourism officer
● Tourist information centre manager
● Travel agency manager
● Conference centre manager
● Customer service manager
● Event manager
● Marketing executive
● Sales executive
● Outdoor activities/education manager
Key facts about BA in Tourism and Hospitality Management
100% Online: Study online with the USA’s leading online course provider.
Global program: Study anytime, anywhere using your laptop, phone or a tablet.
Study material: Comprehensive study material and e-library support available at no additional cost.
Payment plans: Interest free monthly, quarterly and half yearly payment plans available for all courses.
Why choose Hillcrest?
● Transform your career: Enroll today and make a life changing decision, get necessary knowledge to transform your career.
● Move up in your career: With our fully accredited course, you can move up to the next level in your organization with ease.
● Upgrade your skills: Add value to your current educational profile and achieve skill sets to compete in your job role.
● Assessments: Assessment is done through written assignments and/ or dissertation project.
● Support: We offer live tutor support via online chat and email for all qualifications delivered by us.
❯ Stage 1 leads to award of Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
● Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
● Marketing Management (20 credits)
● Customer Relations Management (20 credits)
● Operations Management (20 credits)
● Finance Management (20 credits)
● Human Resource Management (20 credits)
– Successful completion of Stage 1 leads to progression to Stage 2.
❯ Stage 2 leads to award of BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management degree
● International Business (20 credits)
● Business Strategy (20 credits)
● Tourism Policy and Planning (20 credits)
● Business Communications (20 credits)
● Tourism and International Development (20 credits)
● Tourism and Hospitality Research (20 credits)
The fee for the program is as follows:
12 Months -USD $6700
18 Months – USD $5900
Stage 1 (Delivered by Hillcrest):
The program involves delivery through on-line Learning Management System (LMS). This stage leads to award of OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management. The total credits earned will be 120 credits.
Stage 2 (Delivered by the University)
On completion of the diploma programme you progress / Top up with Degree through the University which recognises the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management for progression to the BSc Management Accounting degree.
The stage 2 is delivered via distance learning by faculties from the University.
|BA BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION|
|BA Business Management|
|BA in Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|BSc Computing and Information Technologies|
|BSc Management Accounting|